Meldungsbrett auf Deutsch - Message Board in German

A list of 'What's New' on the SCORE web site and Message Board.

Meldungsbrett auf Deutsch - Message Board in German

Postby Barry Moore » Mon Sep 09, 2002 15:05

The first step in making the SCORE web site multi-lingual is now ready.

If you click on Image Profile at the top of the page you will then be able to select which language you want to use for the message board interface as shown below.

If you select German/Deutsch then all of the buttons, navigation links, column headings, etc for the message board will appear in German.

Things to follow soon include:
  • Giving the Chat Room a totally multi-lingual interface
  • Giving the Photo Albums a totally multi-lingual interface
  • Including a 'translate' button with each message
  • Giving non-registered users (ie those with no access to 'Profile') the ability to set the Message Board Interface Language
  • More languages including Japanese and Dutch

I will use machine translation to translate this message into German. Obviously this will not be perfect so if any German speakers would like to send me a better translation so that your fellow countrymen will be able to read it please send to me via Private Message

P.S. If any non-German speakers want to see what the board looks like in German feel free to try it out by changing the setting in your profile. I'm sure you'll be able to find it again to change back to English if you want to. I'm using the German interface as I write this message. The Japanese (when it comes) is also great fun :P
Last edited by Barry Moore on Mon Sep 09, 2002 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
Barry Moore

Postby Barry Moore » Mon Sep 09, 2002 15:15

Der erste Jobstep, wenn er die SCORE Web site mehrsprachig bildet, ist jetzt betriebsbereit.

Wenn Sie an Image Profil an der Oberseite der Seite klicken, können Sie dann auszuwählen, das Sprache Sie für die Meldungsbrettschnittstelle verwenden möchten, wie unten gezeigt.

Wenn Sie Deutsch dann alle der Tasten auswählen, bindet Navigation, Spaltekopftexte, usw. für das Meldungsbrett erscheint auf Deutsch.

Die Sachen zum bald Folgen umfassen:
  • Dem Schwätzchenraum eine total mehrsprachige Schnittstelle geben
  • Den Fotoalben eine total mehrsprachige Schnittstelle geben
  • Einschließlich ' übersetzen Sie ' Taste mit jeder Meldung
  • Nicht-eingetragenen Benutzern (die ohne Zugriff ' zum Profil ') die Fähigkeit gebend, die Meldung einzustellen, verschalen Sie Schnittstellensprache
  • Mehr Sprachen einschließlich japanischen und holländischen

Ich verwende maschinelle Übersetzung, um diese Meldung in Deutschen zu übersetzen. Offensichtlich ist dieses nicht so vollkommen, wenn irgendwelche deutschen Lautsprecher mir eine bessere Übersetzung schicken möchten, damit Ihre Mitlandsmänner können, sie zu lesen senden mir über private Meldung bitte.

Wenn irgendwelche nicht-Deutschen Lautsprecher sehen möchten, was das Brett wie im deutschen Gefühl aussieht, das frei ist, es heraus zu versuchen, indem es die Einstellung in Ihrem Profil ändert. Ich bin sicher, daß Sie können, es wieder zu finden, um zurück zu Englisch zu ändern, wenn Sie zu wünschen. Ich benutze die deutsche Schnittstelle, während ich diese Meldung schreibe. Der Japaner (wenn sie kommt), ist auch großer Spaß :P
Barry Moore

Return to What's New