Yippee! Another enthusiastic owner in the Deep South

Feel free to talk about anything non-Cappuccino related

Moderator: Steering Group

Yippee! Another enthusiastic owner in the Deep South

Postby Tracy Hickman » Fri Sep 15, 2006 06:38

Hi all,
We spotted the red Cappo in Invercargill again last weekend and this time had pen and paper to leave a message! The car is owned by a lovely lady called Diane and her husband, and they also own 2 Honda Beats and an X90. :D

We're looking forward to some Kei class convoys in the South this summer, that should turn a few heads! 8)

After years of splendid isolation, it's fantastic to have another Cappo to wave at! :D

Cheers,
Tracy
Tracy Hickman
Regional Representative
Regional Representative

Postby Dick Winchester » Fri Sep 15, 2006 14:25

Ah they're classy people these Kiwis !

I've never seen a Honda Beat in the flesh..... I wonder how they compare with the Cappo?
Dick Winchester

Postby Tracy Hickman » Sat Sep 16, 2006 07:48

If you search the forums for 'Honda AND Beat' there are a few threads comparing the cars. :)
Tracy Hickman
Regional Representative
Regional Representative

Postby Dick Winchester » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:32

Beat owners don't seem as well organised Cappo people... Google only found one unofficial owners outfit in the UK but it's website is rubbish compared to SCORE...
Dick Winchester

Postby Brendan Molony » Sun Sep 17, 2006 08:25

Dick Winchester wrote:Beat owners don't seem as well organised Cappo people... Google only found one unofficial owners outfit in the UK but it's website is rubbish compared to SCORE...

As they were never imported into the UK by Honda, you would not expect there to be an "official" owners club. The number of cars imported is not that great, probably about the same as imported Cappuccinos.

At one stage there were two UK websites catering for the owners, if I recall correctly due to a result of a "difference of opinion" between some club members.

The UK club used to meet at least once a year, normally at the Japanese Auto Extravaganza (JAE) where they would hold their AGM. On the two occasions that I went to JAE they had between 10 and 20 cars on their stand. Whether this is still the case, I don't know.
Brendan Molony

Postby Allan Williams » Wed Sep 20, 2006 07:54

Hello Tracy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :birthday:

These people contacted me (I can't remember how now!) to ask if I wanted to sell my cappo. I did of course say no!

They were keen to swap a Beat for a cappo (I wouldn't mind a Beat AND a Cappo!)

I gave them Graemes details, and he contacted them. I'm glad to here they got one!

How many people live in Invercargil? We have 2 Cappos here in Whangarei, and a population of only about 60,000.

I don't suppose you'd be interested in a cappo run up north here in Summer would you??? Come on... you did it last year!

Allan
Allan Williams

Postby Tracy Hickman » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:32

Hi Allan,
Thanks for the birthday greetings! I celebrated with a bungey jump in Queenstown 8)

We've got a pop of about 50,000 in Invercargill, so not that different to Whangarei.

I doubt we'll make it up north again next year, but maybe in 2008!!! It is a very long way from here :D

I'll post some pics as soon as we have our first 'mini' meet next month with the new owners.

Cheers
Tracy
Tracy Hickman
Regional Representative
Regional Representative

Postby Dick Winchester » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:40

Happy Birthday Tracy :birthday:

Any photos of the bungey jump ??

Keep painting those shoes...... I think they're really cool
Dick Winchester

Postby Tracy Hickman » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:25

Photos are in the photo album (I think I've done it correctly - they're the first pics I've put on the website!)

I'm still buzzing 36 hours later :)
Country Representative - New Zealand
Tracy Hickman
Regional Representative
Regional Representative

Postby Ken Malone » Fri Sep 22, 2006 09:51

Ken Malone

Postby Tracy Hickman » Fri Sep 22, 2006 21:51

I'd LOVE to do that, would need another 10 years to build up the courage reserves again though 8)
Tracy Hickman
Regional Representative
Regional Representative

Return to Chit-Chat