Budget Cut?

Feel free to talk about anything non-Cappuccino related

Moderator: Steering Group

Budget Cut?

Postby Dick Winchester » Wed Mar 22, 2006 16:38

Sounds as if Cappo owners may be a beneficiary of the budget with the plan to do away with Vehicle Excise Duty for vehicles that pollute the least :lol:
Dick Winchester

Postby James Coates » Wed Mar 22, 2006 17:14

Unfortunately not because it comes under the rates for vehicles registered prior to 2001 (not based on emissions figures). The lower rates for these vehicles (which applies to the Cappuccino) have been frozen and the higher band increased by £5.
James Coates
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Dick Winchester » Wed Mar 22, 2006 17:28

Yes - I've just heard that it will in fact apply to only two cars.. The SMART diesel and some Honda hybrid that apparently isn't sold here..

Pity :cry:
Dick Winchester

Postby Ken Malone » Wed Mar 22, 2006 19:16

maybe we should make bogies Dick :lol:

For the Anglos among you a bogie is not what you first thought of but is the Scots colloquialism for what you might call a soap-box cart.
Other bogies are of course ALSO found on the railways.

... oh is that the bell already :lol:
Ken Malone

Postby Dick Winchester » Wed Mar 22, 2006 20:27

Does anyone know what the Cappo's emission levels are ?

Ken - I still have a few scars from building bogies thanks :oops:
Dick Winchester

Postby Ben Fletcher » Fri Mar 24, 2006 19:53

Excellent question, Dick. I've had a look on the government sites, and cars only needed 'official' CO2 data from 2001, so that puts our babies out of the equation. However, if anyone wants to check their 'other' car, this link may help...

http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/

I've also had a look at my newly acquired MOT gas test, but that merely gives a figure of 0.75%, which doesn't mean much to me!

I have a funny feeling that we'd at least qualify for the new £40 p.a charge if our tax was based on CO2...
Ben Fletcher

Return to Chit-Chat