Cappo Italia

Feel free to talk about anything non-Cappuccino related

Moderator: Steering Group

Cappo Italia

Postby Adrian Furniss » Sat May 22, 2004 10:36

Alex just phoned to answer a question and reminded me that "Cappo Italia 2004" starts today.

This will be SCORE's longest ever event (unless someone in Australia knows otherwise).

Alex will be joined by several more UK members, plus Marcel and maybe one more from the Netherlands, for the drive down to Italy. They don't think there will be a chance of finding internet access during the trip so we will have to wait to hear all about it and see the photos after they return on the 31st.

I'm sure that I speak for all members in wishing all the participants a safe, enjoyable and trouble-free holiday.
Adrian Furniss
Web Site Administrator
Web Site Administrator

Postby Alex Clouter » Tue Jun 01, 2004 23:58

With people meeting at my home, we had a safe and long journey to Riva Del Garda and back covering some 2500 miles over the holiday.

We had overnight stops at Dunkirk and Strasbourg on the way down and a weekend break at Trier in Germany to break up the long journey back to the UK.

It was not all driving though... we went on a power cruiser across Lake Garda, climbed up Mount Baldino by funicular and lots of interesting walks. There were games of crazy golf, walks around interesting towns and villages... we even visited Italy's biggest theme park, making a bis splash with ourselves and a bigger impact with our open top cars in the car park.

We had a race to the clouds on one day as we went up and around the Dolomites (a misty, cloudy day) to visit Aviano, the birthplace of the Cappuccino coffee.

A great time was had by all, graced by the fine sunny, warm weather under the brilliantly blue Italian skies... and of course the superb wine and food we ate at different restaurants each night!!

As soon as members send in their photos, these will be loaded onto the Photo Album.
Alex Clouter
Message Board Guru
Message Board Guru

Return to Chit-Chat