Rear brake pads

Technical queries, discussion and all-round enthusiasm for the Cappuccino.

Moderator: Steering Group

Rear brake pads

Postby Collette Dobson » Fri Dec 15, 2023 00:12

Mine won't last much longer - does anyone know of a current source of rear pads? Everywhere I look is still out of stock as they have been for months. Thanks
Collette Dobson
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Rear brake pads

Postby Martin Williams » Fri Dec 15, 2023 01:02

Hi Collette,
I am sure Suzuki have stock, but since the new part number is priced at £400 I don't expect anyone will buy them!

I have used Impex, https://en.impex-jp.com/parts/new/searc ... 5810-50E10 lists the parts they claim to be able to get. I went for the Pitwork one which appear to be a Nissan parts brand.
They seem to be ok and at about £46 including shipping much better value then Suzuki!
The carriage fee seems to include any import duties, or at least nothing additional was added for that.
Martin Williams
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Collette Dobson » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:24

Thanks Martin. We had tracked down somewhere that would re line them and planned to visit them Monday, but meanwhile, for ~£50 it seemed sensible to take your advice and order a set from Impex. So that's done. Still going to follow up the relining, but it is bound to be more than £50. Thanks again and Merry Christmas.
Collette Dobson
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Martin Williams » Sun Dec 17, 2023 22:28

Hi Collette,
Certainly worth investigating the relining since I suspect at some point the supply in Japan may also dry up. When I discovered the supply situation I was kicking myself I had thrown away old ones in the past.
Martin Williams
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Collette Dobson » Tue Jan 02, 2024 13:52

New pads arrived today via Impex, so that was only a couple of weeks delivery and over Christmas. I got the cheapest ones which were Pitwork and cost £42 with the shipping and they look fine. They have 7mm of pad on them which I might try and confirm is correct. So we have a new set, the set that's on the car and a man in Cardiff who will reline old ones for £28 each if the Japan supply dries up. So I think we are sorted.
Probably worth members buying a set and putting them on the shelf while they are still available. An entrepreneur would buy 10 sets as a nest egg!!
I have photographed them but can never manage to post pictures.
Happy New Year.
Collette Dobson
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Return to General