Boost gauge and controller

Technical queries, discussion and all-round enthusiasm for the Cappuccino.

Moderator: Steering Group

Boost gauge and controller

Postby Austin Gillespie » Wed Oct 25, 2023 13:29

Hello, I'm looking to install a boost gauge (physical 1/8" tee type) and a mishimoto manual boost controller on my K6A cap, and trying to figure out which lines to tee into for those. Any help or diagrams would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Austin Gillespie
Message Board Newbie
Message Board Newbie

Re: Boost gauge and controller

Postby Ian Linden » Wed Oct 25, 2023 14:31

The boost guage is easy. Just tee-off the pipe to the IAC Valve from the inlet. See Page 6E-24 in the Service Manual- the uppermost pipe in the diagram. Also Page 6L-5, 2nd diagram.

The boost controller needs to go in the pipe from the turbo to the wastegate actuator. Access is unbelievably difficult, but can be done without removing the turbo - small hands with strong fingers needed. See Page 6L-6 top diagram.

Be aware that raising the boost will run you into fuel cut if you go too far. There are also other pitfalls - please read the Performance Enhancement section of the turbo article in the Cappuccino FAQ.
SCORE Treasurer & Membership Secretary
Ian Linden
Steering Group
Steering Group

Postby Austin Gillespie » Sat Oct 28, 2023 04:27

I have a EA21r, do you know how that differs in process from the ea11 F6A?
Austin Gillespie
Message Board Newbie
Message Board Newbie

Postby Ian Linden » Sat Oct 28, 2023 08:32

Sorry, I missed that you asked about the K6A.

For the boost controller, see fig 13 in the EA11R Parts Catalog - the short hose to the left of the clip (Part No 36), is where you have to insert the two hoses to connect to the controller. You could get a workshop to replace the hose with a long length, which you could cut when you get home to insert the controller. See fig 14 in the EA21R Parts Catalog - the corresponding hose connection looks to me to be Part No 2 on the inset diagram, but I'm not sure the best way to address that.

However, I'm not sure whether the N1 ECU is applicable to the K6A - the Suzuki Sport ECU Manual does not include the K6A, so maybe it is not applicable, and I can't help further there.

For the boost gauge, there looks to be a fair number of hose connections on the intake manifold to tee into (see Fig 9 of the K6A).
SCORE Treasurer & Membership Secretary
Ian Linden
Steering Group
Steering Group

Return to General