Replacement Parts for an EA21R

Technical queries, discussion and all-round enthusiasm for the Cappuccino.

Moderator: Steering Group

Replacement Parts for an EA21R

Postby Chris da Silva » Fri Feb 18, 2022 14:09

Can anyone clarify two problems for me, please? Here they are:

1. Is the exhaust manifold for a K6A engine 14111-73G03, or is it 14111-54A50? I'm asking because the mechanic servicing the car has put down the latter as the replacement for the one still bolted on the engine! As far as I know, the latter belongs to the EA11R's engine while the former is assigned to the EA21R. So have the two numbers merged? (The latter number, BTW, is no longer available.) Alternatively, is there a new number assigned to the exhaust manifold?

2. I also tried ordering up a replacement timing chain tensioner using the part number 12831-73G00; but it's no longer available from the factory! Has this part also been given a new part number that I don't know of?

Thanks if anyone can help.
Chris da Silva
Message Board Guru
Message Board Guru

Re: Replacement Parts for an EA21R

Postby Ian Linden » Sat Feb 19, 2022 00:49

You are quite right about all the part nos. It is possible that the differences between the manifolds is minor, so either will do, but perhaps not, because, in such cases, it is usually only the last two digits which differ.

The K6A engine is widely used on snowmobiles and the like, so it's possible that a new tensioner is used and will fit, but we have no way of knowing. Dealers may have access to updated parts lists, but not usually for cars not exported e.g. the Type 3 Cappo.
SCORE Treasurer & Membership Secretary
Ian Linden
Steering Group
Steering Group

Return to General