A second Cappuccino

Technical queries, discussion and all-round enthusiasm for the Cappuccino.

Moderator: Steering Group

A second Cappuccino

Postby Martin Williams » Mon Jun 01, 2015 21:12

I have had my Cappuccino for 9 years now and unfortunately the rear of the floor has seen better days. I can’t complain too much since it has been my daily drive averaging 12,000 miles a year. At 155,000 miles it has developed a noisy rear wheel bearing and my garage politely suggested that with the MOT coming up it would be better to find a rot free example since it was likely that at garage rates it was not sensible to repair!
So I started watching the classified ads…
I went to see a couple of fairly local cars. They were fairly high mileage and seemed reasonably sound but they did not seem like they would have at least another 9 years life in them.
Then late one night I spotted a new ad on eBay. There were no photos but the details reminded me of a mint condition car I had seen about 5 years ago when I had a long chat with the then owner.
The next day I agreed to buy it!
The car is very original and in excellent condition having only been out in dry weather and never on salty roads. The previous owner (a friend of the one I had met) had used the car a bit more so it had just under 15,000 miles on the clock.
Before I use it in the wet it is going to be Waxoyled thoroughly. The old one is going to have a rest and hopefully I will one day find the time to sort out the rust!
It has been an interesting comparison between a 15,000 mile and a 155,000 mile car. The old one has never felt slow but it is clear I have over the years been a bit heavier on the loud pedal to get the acceleration. You could sum up the difference as the new one still has its froth!

ImageImageImage
Martin Williams
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: A second Cappuccino

Postby Ian Linden » Tue Jun 02, 2015 19:59

A 20+ year old Cappo with only 15k - a gem indeed :loveheart:
SCORE Treasurer & Membership Secretary
Ian Linden
Steering Group
Steering Group

Re: A second Cappuccino

Postby Murray Betts » Sat Jun 13, 2015 13:11

I thought my 20k miles was low, but.........................

Well done on finding a great example, keep it well "oiled"!
Murray Betts
Message Board Guru
Message Board Guru

Return to General