What's in a name?

Technical queries, discussion and all-round enthusiasm for the Cappuccino.

Moderator: Steering Group

What's in a name?

Postby Chris da Silva » Sat Apr 25, 2015 03:52

The on-line parts book gives the part number for the boot lid emblem ("Cappuccino") as 77831-80F00-D56. But the emblem on my boot lid has the additional name "Sport" attached to it - and is not listed anywhere in any of the parts book regardless of vehicle variant (E11R or E21R)!

Does anyone know the part number of the "Cappuccino Sport" emblem, please? :confused:
Chris da Silva
Message Board Guru
Message Board Guru

Re: What's in a name?

Postby Ian Linden » Sun Apr 26, 2015 09:09

Hi Chris,

Those came from a now-defunct UK company which was called CappuccinoSport (see here), so it's aftermarket, not OEM.

It's a surprise one should turn up in Oz, but I suppose it's possible Dany sourced them from Japan, or the Japanese previous owner bought it by mail order from UK.
SCORE Treasurer & Membership Secretary
Ian Linden
Steering Group
Steering Group

Re: What's in a name?

Postby Chris da Silva » Sun Apr 26, 2015 17:30

Hi Ian

Many thanks for the info.

If you can recall, I had a little accident a couple of months ago when my electric garage door crash-landed on the boot lid. This required the boot lid to be unbolted from the car and resprayed; and obviously, the Cappo's boot lid badge had to be removed as well. That's when I noticed the difference!

I think the few Cappos here in Perth are also sporting the non-OEM badge too; but you have to admit, it doesn't look too bad even if it's after market.... :)

Chris
Chris da Silva
Message Board Guru
Message Board Guru

Return to General