Removing a speedlimiter (cara / AZ-1)

Links to other sites with Cappuccino and closely related content. Please provide a brief description. Use other forums for longer posts containing links; typically General, or Chat for off-topic material.

Moderator: Steering Group

Removing a speedlimiter (cara / AZ-1)

Postby Marcel Spoelstra » Thu Mar 20, 2003 00:39

last weekend I removed the speedlimiter of my Suzuki Cara. The Cara has the same engine as the Cappuccino. I don't know if the computer is exact the same. But I translated the following website and removed the speedlimiter and it .....worked!!! And the nice thing is that the check engine light didn't work. Perhaps this 'modification' also works on a Cappuccino. Please compare the connectors and cables in details before you cut the wires!!! I did only the first stage and didn't modify the waste gate. I think that is a bit too tricky...

Please visit;

http://www.usiwakamaru.or.jp/~tatuya/limitercut/lcut.htm

and use worldlingo to translate;

http://www.worldlingo.com/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html

Marcel

DISCLAIMER :!:
I can not garantee that it works on a Cappuccino and I am not responsible for any damage following the (japanese) instructions. Also please keep in mind that driving on high speed is also dangerous and risky!!
Last edited by Marcel Spoelstra on Thu Apr 10, 2003 20:25, edited 1 time in total.
Marcel Spoelstra
Regional Representative
Regional Representative

Postby Ian Linden » Mon Mar 24, 2003 16:05

The cable colours shown for the Cara speed limiter modification do not match those on the Cappo. One could guess that the Blue with Red corresponds to Violet with Red, but no idea whether there is a correspondence for the Yellow with Black.

The Cappo's ECU is 33920 - 80F10, the Cara's looks like 33920 - 69?5.
Ian Linden
Steering Group
Steering Group

Postby Marcel Spoelstra » Mon Mar 24, 2003 20:33

Ian,

I had no time comparing the connector or the cables in detail. I do have an garage manual of the Cara. But this one is ..... in Japanese. That is the reason that I made a disclaimer in the message.

Maybe it is a good idea that we make similar page of instructions for the Cappuccino with photo's and cable diagram?

The second modification is not an simple adjustment. And is not without risk. I know some members did experiment increasing the turbo pressure.
But I wouldn't recommend it. Too much pressure will blow up your engine.

Marcel
Marcel Spoelstra
Regional Representative
Regional Representative

Postby Ian Linden » Tue Mar 25, 2003 15:06

Marcel Spoelstra wrote:Maybe it is a good idea that we make similar page of instructions for the Cappuccino with photo's and cable diagram?

Great idea, Marcel. First, I'd like to know whether the speed pulses in the Cara are the same as the Cappo (see page 6E-69 0329.jpg). Could you please see if there are any noticeable differences in the Cara Manual? (At least the numbers should be the same!).

The other point may be more difficult. I am guessing that joining the blue/red wire to the terminal with the black/yellow wire has the effect of preventing the check engine warning, but we need to try to work out what the corresponding wire is for the Cappo - I wonder if the Cara Manual has an equivalent of pages 6E-10 and 6E-11 ( 0270 & 0271.jpg), which would enable you to work that out?

The second modification is not an simple adjustment. And is not without risk. I know some members did experiment increasing the turbo pressure.
But I wouldn't recommend it. Too much pressure will blow up your engine.

Its not too great a problem - if you raise the pressure to 1606 mmHg (about 1.14 bar rel. to atmos.), the ECU cuts the fuel. So you just reduce the boost till it doesn't cut any more, plus a bit; takes you to about 1 bar, which is fine.

Ian
Ian Linden
Steering Group
Steering Group

Return to Links