EA21R k6A Cappuccino

Technical queries, discussion and all-round enthusiasm for the Cappuccino.

Moderator: Steering Group

EA21R k6A Cappuccino

Postby Ben Steele » Mon Nov 14, 2016 04:19

Hi, its a bit quiet out there in Cappuccino-land lately.

I have had my little silver EA21R cap for about 12 months now - it is a complete basket case. There isn't much information on this car available in English.

The car has been stripped of cat converter, blow-off (bypass) valve and various other bits. I am working my way through the car to restore to factory config, before I then look at N1 ECU, boost control and the like.
I would like to fit a new blow-off valve, but I cannot understand the pneumatic connections.

Is there anyone out there with an EA21R who could you possibly take some photographs of the blow-off valve, and the pneumatic hoses that connect to it? Is there a diagram for pneumatic connections on EA21R?
Where do the hoses connect? The parts list is the best diagramme I can find, and it doesn't show where the hoses go... I assume the small steel pipe across the top of the engine is used for this hose?

Also, I am desperate for a wiring diagramme, anyone have such a beast (in English?).

Any help you could provide would be fantastic!

Cheers,
BEN
Ben Steele
Message Board Newbie
Message Board Newbie

Re: EA21R k6A Cappuccino

Postby Ian Linden » Wed Nov 16, 2016 00:31

We have three other members with EA21Rs, who I've emailed to ask if they can offer help.

Having had a look at the parts catalog, I'd venture a guess that Item 35 on Fig 21 is the controlling VSV and that one pipe receives manifold vacuum while the other connects to Item 28 on Fig 14. EDIT: See correction in next post.

The EA21R was not exported, so there is no technical literature in other than Japanese. I have managed to find one photo online here.
SCORE Treasurer & Membership Secretary
Ian Linden
Steering Group
Steering Group

Postby Ian Linden » Wed Nov 16, 2016 09:55

This image seems to show the pipe to the top of the ABV going over the front of the engine in a metal pipe, but I think it is an F6A. the previous photo showed the small hose curving round to the rear of the engine (where the VSV is, I think). The problem is that many of the online photos are of modified installations.

I think the output hose from the ABV goes to the air filter box. People who remove the box usually just let it vent to atmosphere - it makes more noise which seems to be the desired effect.

I have found a technical manual for a normally aspirated K6A, so no help on the ABV issue, but it may help with other matters:

http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/4171985.pdf?m=1297349603

Btw, the ABV is the same part number as that used on the EA11R, so the write up at Page 6E-28, 6E-70 and 71 of the EA11R Service Manual will apply. And I correct myself - the ABV VSV is not Item No 35, but No 34 (same part no as EA11R)
SCORE Treasurer & Membership Secretary
Ian Linden
Steering Group
Steering Group

Postby Ben Steele » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:44

Thanks for the comments Ian, I will have a closer look on the weekend.
Cheers,
Ben
Ben Steele
Message Board Newbie
Message Board Newbie

Return to General