Suxuki X-90 information

Discuss other 'Zukis and other Kei class cars here

Moderator: Steering Group

Suxuki X-90 information

Postby Alastair Jacques » Sun Jan 22, 2006 15:53

Need to sell my beloved Cappuccino (bad back!) :cry: and want something equally quirky and uncommon to replace it.

I have been thinking about the Suzuki X-90 and wondered if anyone could give me an idea of what they are like to drive/own, anything to be wary of when buying, which is the best model to go for etc?

Do you know of any websites where I can find out more - struggling at the moment to get info (lots of USA info but no UK)? Or do you know of one for sale near you :?:

Many thanks
Marie :girl:
Alastair Jacques
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Dick Winchester » Sun Jan 22, 2006 20:13

Dick Winchester

Postby Ian Linden » Sun Jan 22, 2006 21:36

I have one :bounce: I love it :heart:

This album

It's great fun, and very good on BOATs (Byways Open to All Traffic). The removeable roofs are great (of course), and less fiddly than the Cappo, but much heavier. The boot is big, and, if you need all of it, you can put the spare behind one seat, and the two roof panels behind the other. Stacks of room in the cabin, and the seats are nicely comfortable.

Don't expect Cappo-esque performance, of course. It is a light truck, not a sports car. But it corners very securely, as long as you remember it's RWD - a Cappo driver will have no problem there :D

Model choices are 2 and 4 WD, manual and auto. Personally, I wouldn't consider 2WD, but if you like the shape, but would never drive it other than on snow-free tarred roads, I suppose it would be ok. If you do need to drive in snow, the 4WD will be very useful. If you live near a hill, your friends will love you when it snows :wink:

Manual or Auto? Personal preference, really. I chose manual - less to go wrong, cheaper to fix and a little better in fuel economy. I understand that the off-road performance of the auto is fine, and actually an advantage under some extreme conditions.

Nothing special to be wary of - just the same points as with any other vehicle. They come up on EBay quite often - typically, a 50,000 miler will go for £1800 to £2500. That silver one Dick found is very attractively priced - if it's 4WD - hesitate not!

No aircon or ABS as standard on UK models, but a jp import could have them, and aircon was (and probably still is) available as a kit from Suzuki. Both would be nice.

Anything else you'd like to know - just ask :D
SCORE Treasurer & Membership Secretary
Ian Linden
Steering Group
Steering Group

Postby Alastair Jacques » Mon Jan 23, 2006 21:50

Ian thanks a lot. Some first hand info - just what I needed. I think I need to take one for a test drive, unfortunately the one that Dick pointed out might be a bit far away for me (thanks anyway) - yours looks tidy, fancy selling it! :rolling:

PS: does the X-90 have any problem rust areas like the Cappo's wheel arches/sills?
Alastair Jacques
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Ian Linden » Mon Jan 23, 2006 22:17

Alastair Jacques wrote:yours looks tidy, fancy selling it! :rolling:
No way, José :D
does the X-90 have any problem rust areas like the Cappo's wheel arches/sills?

I don't think so. No rust on mine. Don't forget it is a ladder-frame chassis, with a body bolted on top. The body panels don't carry the suspension loads. Just get underneath and have a good look - it's all very visible.
SCORE Treasurer & Membership Secretary
Ian Linden
Steering Group
Steering Group

Postby David Regan » Fri Mar 24, 2006 23:11

I've taken one for a test drive and instantly fell in love. Unfortunately, it was red and the paint was starting to dis-colour. I'm on the look out!!!!
David Regan

Postby Alastair Jacques » Sat Mar 25, 2006 00:20

Dave

Same here went to look at a few X90's and fell in love :heart:

Problem was they are as rare as a Cappo and finding a good one was a nightmare.

In the end I bought a Jimny Sport,
But i have seen a Blue X90 on E-Bay which might be worth a look if the reserve isn't met?

Alastair Jacques
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Return to Kissin' Cousins