Time Gentlemen Please

A list of 'What's New' on the SCORE web site and Message Board.

Time Gentlemen Please

Postby Barry Moore » Thu Apr 18, 2002 08:37

I've changed the way that the time is displayed on the message board. There is a problemthat some of you are experiencing with unread posts occassionally being marked as read which I am looking into. In the mean time to help make it easier to keep track of the posts I've altered the date format for the whole board.

So you will now see the day included like this:
Thu 18 April 2002 23:25
rather than as it was before:
18 April 2002 23:25 pm

You'll also notice I've changed the time to the 24hr clock. I prefer the 24hr clock for this sort of thing but if I get a load of objections I'll change it back. I've started a pollbut I would imagine most people won't mind one way or the other.

You can always over-ride the way time is displayed for you personally by altering the setup in your profile. You can choose between Thu and Thursday, 12/24hr clock, display am/pm or AM/PM or non at all, include 1st/2nd/3rd/etc., and just about every conceivable option. If you don't like the changes you make simply change it back to the current setting which is:
Code: Select all
D M d, Y H:i

Remember that internally the board will always be using GMT so if you are in a different timezone or using Daylight Savings Time/Summer Time you can also change the timezone that will be used for you whenever you visit.
Barry Moore

Return to What's New