Non Message Board Pages - Review and Restructuring

A list of 'What's New' on the SCORE web site and Message Board.

Non Message Board Pages - Review and Restructuring

Postby Adrian Furniss » Tue Nov 08, 2005 01:03

Two things concerning the non Message Board pages on the SCORE site:

1. Review & Update

We have started a review of all non Message Board pages. Several have been updated, as follows:

Information - Cappuccino
  • Cappuccino Story - reviewed and updated (thanks to Ian Linden) and pictures added.
  • NEW PAGE - Cappuccino Production - (thanks to Ian Linden)
Information - SCORE
  • SCORE Story is now split into two pages
  • Membership was updated a few months ago - worth a read if you haven't done so already.
  • Around the world - contains latest data as compiled for the 2005 AGM.
Gallery
  • NEW PAGE - The 2nd Annual SCORE National Rally, Ellesmere.
  • "Picture" Page has been given a new appearance. This is the page on which full size versions of thumbnails are presented.
The review process is ongoing so please look out for further updates in the near future.

2. Secondary Navigation

All non Message Board pages have been restructured to provide secondary (and tertiary) navigation. This should make browsing more pleasurable, quicker and easier as it is now not necessary to return repeatedly to the index pages.

In due course, it is also planned to find a replacement style for the green "road signs".

The restructuring has been achieved in such a way that the old pages have not been overwritten, as links to them may still exist on the Message Board. Such links are believed to be small in number but will be difficult to track down because the phpBB search engine cannot be used to identify URLs.

Anybody who finds a link to an old page, could you please email me.

To help with identification, here are links to old and new versions of the same page:When I have confidence that all links have been identified, I will remove the old pages.

Comments welcome
Adrian
Last edited by Adrian Furniss on Thu Oct 11, 2007 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
SCORE Web Site Administrator
SCORE Classifieds
Regional Representative - Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands
Adrian Furniss
Web Site Administrator
Web Site Administrator

Postby Adrian Furniss » Thu Nov 10, 2005 01:26

I have now uploaded some further revisions.

The green "roadsigns" are no more.

Most are superseded by the secondary navigation, which provides the necessary hyperlink functionality where the link-text is short. The otherwise empty index pages now contain a graphic. See for example the Information index page.

Where more substantial link-text is required, the navigation links are presented in a restyled list format, which is significantly more compact than the roadsigns, and hopefully more modern in appearance. See for example the Gallery->International page.
SCORE Classifieds
Regional Representative - Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands
Adrian Furniss
Web Site Administrator
Web Site Administrator

Postby Adrian Furniss » Thu Nov 10, 2005 23:16

And I forgot to say .......

I have added links in the Gallery to as many club events as I could find in the Albums. These are organised (in the Gallery) into
  • International
  • National
  • Regional
  • AGM
  • Members
  • Miscellaneous
This means that I still haven't rid of the site of its "Gallery" vs. "Albums" dichotomy, and I can't see any way to avoid it despite having given the matter some thought.

At least they now cross-refer, and therefore mutually supportive.

Interestingly ( :cry: ), I found no Albums for events in Australia or New Zealand. If anyone can spot them, please let me know.

Adrian
SCORE Classifieds
Adrian Furniss
Web Site Administrator
Web Site Administrator

Return to What's New