You should now see a "Gallery" link in the light blue panel in all message board pages (near the login/logout link).
phpBB Gallery is significantly different from the old Albums in both the way it is organised and in the way presents the photos. It is also much better integrated with the message board. It even has its own pages in the User Control Panel (UCP) so you can control the detailed behaviour. Also provided are a comments system (per photo), email notifications, and a voting system to support photo competitions.
In phpBB Gallery, you have the the ability to create a "Personal Album" with any number of sub-albums. Each album can be kept private or made public (either by yourself or by Administrators/Moderators). In addition, there are "global albums" which can be created by the Administrator.
To create your own Personal Album:
- Visit the UCP (see link toward top of page)
- Click "Gallery" tab
- Manage Personal Albums in the left navigation.
- Click "Create Personal Album", then follow onscreen instructions/prompts.
- "Old Gallery" - pre 2002 non-Message Board pages
- "Albums" - the old Message Board's gallery.
- "Gallery" - the new Message Board's phpBB Gallery
In the old Albums, you will find untranslated bbCode which is victim of phpBB3's bbCode being very different from that of phpBB2 (the old Message Board). We propose to rectify this in time.