Running On Vapours.

Feel free to talk about anything non-Cappuccino related

Moderator: Steering Group

Running On Vapours.

Postby Lisa Balsom » Sun Dec 09, 2007 23:33

It is rumoured that there could be fuel price protests starting shortly, probably next Wednesday.
Not sure what form these protests will take, but best to keep those tanks topped up just in case.
Lisa Balsom
Message Board Guru
Message Board Guru

Postby David Regan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 02:19

FYI... :roll:

Fuel protests planned for this weekend appear to be gathering momentum as Transaction 2007, the group behind the action, reveal that one of the main centres for the protests will be the Esso refinery at Fawley. Situated on Southampton Water, it is the UK's largest refinery, supplying around 14% of the UK's petroleum products.

It was originally thought that the protests would take place mid-week, but in a statement released on their website, Transaction 2007 announced that their members would be gathering at fuel refineries and depots across the country from 10am on Saturday 15th December 2007. They have also issued a map of the refineries they are planning to target on their forum.

The group have stayed very tight-lipped about exactly what the protests will involve, leaving the media to speculate as to whether the protests will have the structure and support that they lacked during the infamous protests of 2000 and 2005.

Please refer to the following site for more information and details on the cheapest petrol prices in your area. Subscription is FREE.

www.petrolprices.com
David Regan

Postby David Regan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 02:25

Food and petrol supplies are beginning to run low in parts of Italy after lorry drivers blocked motorways for a second day as a part of a protest. In Rome people were queuing to buy petrol and some stations had already run out of fuel. "I've stopped at 10 stations this morning but to no avail. I've been queuing for nine hours, it's shameful," said one man. "I just came down here to see if I could get any petrol," said another.

Food supplies are also becoming scarce in parts. Some supermarkets have virtually run out of fresh produce, in a country which relies heavily on its road network for deliveries.

Drivers want the government to cut the price of diesel and improve conditions. Negotiations are underway but representatives of independent truck drivers - the owner/drivers who make up the bulk of Italy's haulage sector - have walked out. "If we are not satisfied with what we get, we will stay here until Friday," said truck drivers' union representative Stefano Sini.

Strikers have also stopped production at five Fiat factories. Some 17,000 employees at the car manufacturer have been sent home.
David Regan

Postby David Regan » Fri Dec 14, 2007 17:33

HOPE EVERYONE'S filled up...

Is it me, or are the pumps running dry? I arrived at a local filing station yesterday to find absolute mayhem and confusion. People were going CRAZY :looney:
David Regan

Postby Ian Linden » Sat Dec 15, 2007 09:59

That's quite normal. :D

The way to cause a shortage is to advertise that one will arise. It's a self-fulfilling prophesy :wink:
SCORE Treasurer & Membership Secretary
Ian Linden
Steering Group
Steering Group

Postby Murray Betts » Sat Dec 15, 2007 23:13

...wish my tank was self-fulfilling :roll:
Murray Betts
Message Board Guru
Message Board Guru

Return to Chit-Chat