15-24 July, 2011 - Liège-Brescia-Liège Rally

Upcoming SCORE National and Regional Events - full information including contact details.

Moderators: Steering Group, Regional Reps

15-24 July, 2011 - Liège-Brescia-Liège Rally

Postby Adrian Furniss » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:32

Motoring journalist and event organiser Malcolm McKay has invited SCORE members to participate in the 2011 Liège-Brescia-Liège rally.

Malcolm writes:
You may recognise the name from my 20+ years contributing to various British classic car magazines (I wrote the Cappuccino buying guide in Classic & Sports Car a couple of years ago!); I am still editing and contributing, but these days I also organise the Liège-Brescia-Liège rally - a new venture since 2008 based on a historic event but run to an entirely new format which I devised to appeal to both novices and experts, tourers and competitors, but designed to keep the price exceptionally low while still offering a top quality event, staying in the best hotels, going through the best scenery on roads redolent with rallying history....

To give the rally a unique camaraderie, and in recognition of its original 1958 edition for microcars, the 2011 Liège-Brescia-Liège is open only to cars under 1500cc - which of course includes all Cappuccinos. We already have interest from a number of owners but would like to get the message out to more owners that 2011 is the year to enter - and it would be great to have a SCORE team!

As a committee member of various clubs over the last 25 years, it occurred to me that with some careful planning, I could help the clubs in return for the clubs helping me with this event: so I have devised the attached promotion, offering a discount to all Club members who enter the rally and in addition giving £100 cash back to the Club for every member who enters - with the possibility of a £200 cash bonus if three members enter a Club team and win the team prize!

There is also of course the potential for some great articles on the website after the event, for which I will be happy to provide professional photographs FOC.

See poster here

Details from poster are as follows:
Liège-Brescia-Liège
The most Historic rally routes, run to an exciting new format praised by experts and novices alike
£100 to your Club for every Member who enters, AND £100 off for Club Member entries
Plus £200 to the Club that enters the winning team
July 15-24, 2011: for cars up to 1500cc
Get your entries in NOW!
For full details of this unique special offer for Clubs and Club Members, contact Malcolm McKay on
LBLrally@aol.com or tel 07711 901811
http://www.classicrallypress.co.uk
Enormous fun!
Incredible value for money
Great hotels and amazing roads!
SCORE Web Site Administrator
SCORE Classifieds
Regional Representative - Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands
Adrian Furniss
Web Site Administrator
Web Site Administrator

Re: 15-24 July, 2011 - Liège-Brescia-Liège Rally

Postby Marcel Spoelstra » Fri Jan 07, 2011 14:33

Adrian,
I will compete in this event with a 40 years old Suzuki Fronte 500.
Greetings
Marcel
Country Representative - Continental Europe
Marcel Spoelstra
Regional Representative
Regional Representative

Postby Adrian Furniss » Fri Jan 07, 2011 18:53

Marcel,

Good to hear from you.

Had you already booked your place or did you just discover the event from my post?

Adrian
SCORE Classifieds
Regional Representative - Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands
Adrian Furniss
Web Site Administrator
Web Site Administrator

Postby Marcel Spoelstra » Fri Jan 07, 2011 21:13

Adrian,
I just booked before the announcement. But I am willing to compete together with other Suzukis for the team prize.
So if any Cappuccinos want to go please joint me during this epic trip :wink:
Marcel
Country Representative - Continental Europe
Marcel Spoelstra
Regional Representative
Regional Representative

Postby Adrian Furniss » Fri Jan 07, 2011 21:59

Marcel,

It would be great to get a team together. I hope it happens. If I win the lottery I will be there.

Good luck.

Adrian
SCORE Classifieds
Adrian Furniss
Web Site Administrator
Web Site Administrator

Return to SCORE Events