Drivers side rear brake caliper

Cappuccino related 'For Sale' and 'Wanted' Advertisements

Moderator: Steering Group

Drivers side rear brake caliper

Postby Bill Forde » Tue Jun 27, 2017 16:45

Hi All Im looking for a drivers side rear brake Caliper Mine is damaged beyond repair an engineering job sounds expensive. Any pointers greatly appreciated.
Bill Forde
Message Board Newbie
Message Board Newbie

Re: Drivers side rear brake caliper

Postby Ian Linden » Fri Jun 30, 2017 09:26

If you're after a used one, breakers are the best bet. My first port of call is Dacar Suzuki.

Failing them, try this site.

For new, Levois of Colchester give SCORE members 10% discount, and do mail order.

If they can't help, try Chris da Silva's suggestion:

But there is some good news! I managed to get a contact name in Japan who sources hard-to-find [Japanese] car parts there. He is Jesse Streeter (http://www.jessestreeter.com), an Aussie who has set up shop in Japan specifically for this purpose. I got a few items from him in the past and he's very reliable! All you need to do is to send him the part numbers and he'll get back to you in a few days time with their availability. (I only use him for parts which the main dealers here can't supply.) All parts are priced in Japanese Yen (JPY): Jesse deals only with all Japanese marques; so you'll have to let him know what car it's for when enquiring.

EDIT: There are seals and pistons on EBay, if you want to try reconditioning the present one. If you'd rather not DIY, perhaps you have an independent garage nearby you could entrust it to?
SCORE Treasurer & Membership Secretary
Ian Linden
Steering Group
Steering Group

Return to Classifieds