N1 ECU availability

Technical queries, discussion and all-round enthusiasm for the Cappuccino.

Moderator: Steering Group

N1 ECU availability

Postby Stuart Paterson » Thu Jul 09, 2020 18:10

Hello everyone

I'm wondering if anyone knows any more than I do about where to find an N1 ECU in these modern times.

I've been in contact with Monster Sport JPN and they have unfortunately discontinued the ECU.
I've been keeping my eye on Ebay etc incase anyone is selling one but so far no luck.

Does anyone have any leads?
Stuart Paterson
Message Board Newbie
Message Board Newbie

Re: N1 ECU availability

Postby Ian Linden » Thu Jul 09, 2020 19:24

If I remember correctly, the N1 chip is socketed, whereas, with the standard ECU, the chip is soldered-in. So, if you could find a willing N1 owner, you could get his chip cloned, and then have your standard chip removed and a socket fitted to take your clone. I believe this is what Suzuki Sport and Monster Sport used to do with the standard ECUs which were traded-in for N1s.

Remember that you also need to raise the turbo pressure to take advantage of the N1. Details under "Performance Enhancement" here.
SCORE Treasurer & Membership Secretary
Ian Linden
Steering Group
Steering Group

Postby Stuart Paterson » Tue Sep 22, 2020 15:16

Interesting, thanks for the response! I assume it'll be difficult to convince any N1 owner to risk lending me their precious ecu! However, if an image of the N1 ecus software exists online somewhere then that could lead to something...
Yes I've got some plans to raise the boost, but I'd rather not fool the stock ecu too much.
Stuart Paterson
Message Board Newbie
Message Board Newbie

Postby Ian Linden » Tue Sep 22, 2020 18:19

Stuart Paterson wrote:Yes I've got some plans to raise the boost, but I'd rather not fool the stock ecu too much.
Quite right! The NI alters the fueling to ensure the mixture is not too lean at high boost.
SCORE Treasurer & Membership Secretary
Ian Linden
Steering Group
Steering Group

Return to General