Front shocks

Technical queries, discussion and all-round enthusiasm for the Cappuccino.

Moderator: Steering Group

Front shocks

Postby George Mercer » Mon Jan 21, 2019 17:43

One of my front shocks is a bit oiling. It's more than a misting, so I guess it's had it. I can't find anything new on the web except the official Suzuki items which are pretty expensive. Does anyone know where I could get them at reasonable price? If I end up needing to spend £400 on two dampers plus another £100 on springs ( they're a bit crusty ), is it worth just replacing all four with BC coilovers? What will that do to the ride? Can coilovers be rebuilt in the future?
George Mercer
Message Board Newbie
Message Board Newbie

Re: Front shocks

Postby Patryck Berger » Fri Mar 22, 2019 19:33

Hi George, I found my Cappuccino to have some sketchy handing at times during last (my first) summer, so I went on to find replacement suspension components, and I found that getting coilovers at all corners was cheaper than getting OEM shocks and springs, even with overseas postage (I'm in Canada). I just ordered BC ones from id-workz to fit before the summer.
Patryck Berger
Message Board Newbie
Message Board Newbie

Postby George Mercer » Fri May 31, 2019 17:34

Patrick. Sorry it took so long to reply. Car is ready for it's MOT test here in the UK. I'll wait to see if it fails on dampers and is so, I'll also be going down the BC racing route. What is the ride like compared to the standard shocks?
George Mercer
Message Board Newbie
Message Board Newbie

Postby Mark Padgett » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:25

Also looking for shocks! Any advice on where to find them, which ones are available, good and bad qualities, cost and ride?
I see KYB NSF9028 Rears and NSF9027 Fronts are on the KYB/Japan site but I can't find anyone selling them.
1993 Suzuki Cappuccino JDM (Silver)
1991 Toyota FJ80 Land Cruiser (6.0L LSX Swap)
1970 Fiat 500 Lusso
1955 Beck Porsche 550 Spyder
2007 Porsche BoxsterS
Mark Padgett
Message Board Newbie
Message Board Newbie

Postby George Mercer » Mon Mar 16, 2020 18:37

Just replaced shocks all round with GAZ adjustable coilovers. These have road bias springs and I'm very pleased with the ride and handling. I would say marginally stiffer than stock but my old ones were shot so hard to say.
George Mercer
Message Board Newbie
Message Board Newbie

Return to General