Can anyone identify this ECU?

Technical queries, discussion and all-round enthusiasm for the Cappuccino.

Moderator: Steering Group

Can anyone identify this ECU?

Postby Greg Ford » Mon Jun 12, 2017 02:44

Hi,
Can anybody give me info on the ECU that is in my Cappo? It's branded "Cross High Performance Kit System by Take Off"
I'm thinking that the little switch on the front switches between 2 different maps. Any idea's ?
The car seems to be completely standard other than the ECU.

Picture here: http://www.aussiesky.net/pix/Cappo_ECU.jpg
Thanks in advance.
*GHF*
Greg Ford
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Can anyone identify this ECU?

Postby Ian Linden » Tue Jun 13, 2017 09:19

First I've heard or seen that. My guess is a speed limiter or boost limiter defeat switch.

If that's right, I wouldn't use it, because the engine would not have the fuel mapping to supply a sufficiently rich mixture at overspeed or overboost and will overheat, probably cracking the exhaust manifold.

It could have a remapped chip (like the one supplied by Suzuki Sport - maybe even a bit-copy!), but if that were the case, there would be no need for a switch. If you open the enclosure, have a look at the chip - if it's soldered-in, it's standard - if it's socketed, it's not. See this image.
SCORE Treasurer & Membership Secretary
Ian Linden
Steering Group
Steering Group

Re: Can anyone identify this ECU?

Postby Greg Ford » Wed Jun 14, 2017 00:05

Thanks Ian, yes, that's a reasonable assumption. Next time I'm in that area, I'll pop it out and have a look at it's innards.
As the vehicle is otherwise standard (and I want to keep it that way), I'll leave the switch in the position it's in now, as it seems to be running well with no apparent problems.
*GHF*
Greg Ford
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Return to General