Sad news from Plymouth!!!

Technical queries, discussion and all-round enthusiasm for the Cappuccino.

Moderator: Steering Group

Sad news from Plymouth!!!

Postby Mike Matthews » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:33

I regret to inform all but M544NJH has been written off :( A few weeks ago while waiting to get into a car park at my local hospital, some guy in a pickup in front of me decided he couldn't be bothered to wait patiently like the rest of us, had a quick look behind him and didn't see me under his tailgate, whipped it into reverse and proceeded to reverse at a rather unforgiving speed, went straight into the front of my lil baby and munched the front end :cry:
I'm now waiting on a cheque to clear from the insurance companies so I can try and find a replacement! (Which for what they've given me is NOT going to be an easy task)
So if anyone knows of, or wants to sell me a road worthy fixer upper for around a thousand of the queens english, please let me know as I'm keen to get back on the road in another one :D
Mike Matthews

Re: Sad news from Plymouth!!!

Postby Ian Linden » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:32

Very sorry to hear that, Mike.

I always suggest that Cappos are insured "agreed value". That way you get the full amount if the worst happens.

It is surprisingly reasonable as well. I think that's because the people who go for it are, in general, careful of their cars.

Mine is insured under Diamond Classic Car Policy http://www.diamondinsurance.net/
SCORE Treasurer & Membership Secretary
Ian Linden
Steering Group
Steering Group

Re: Sad news from Plymouth!!!

Postby Murray Betts » Fri Mar 01, 2013 23:39

Shame Mike, but at least you're OK. I must admit I'm always aware of the diminutive scale of the Capp when out and about. As a biker the "SMIDSY" is a real danger, "sorry mate I didn't see you", and it's something I have in the back of my mind driving the Capp.

Good luck with finding another.
Murray Betts
Message Board Guru
Message Board Guru

Return to General