Hello. New owner of M735 BMB red

Technical queries, discussion and all-round enthusiasm for the Cappuccino.

Moderator: Steering Group

Hello. New owner of M735 BMB red

Postby Donna Connell » Sat Dec 22, 2012 20:31

Hello,

I'm the new proud owner of M735 BMB which is a red cappuccino which was originally registered down south but is now in Scotland.

It's my first cappuccino and As I received it as a surprise gift for my 30th birthday after admiring it I know it will be mine for a long time.

It's standard just now and runs very well.

The last owner who I bought it from had quite a bit of work done on the car replacing belts etc and fixing the arches.

I would like to attend any future meets and think a former owner on my car may have been on here at some point as I have the red document folder with the car but it's a bit tatty now.

Donna :mrgreen:
Donna Connell

Re: Hello. New owner of M735 BMB red

Postby Murray Betts » Mon Dec 24, 2012 02:45

Hello and welcome. Good to see new owners here.
Murray Betts
Message Board Guru
Message Board Guru

Postby Mike Matthews » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:07

Welcome to SCORE Donna :D Was it a car you wanted or just a complete surprise?
Mike Matthews

Postby Donna Connell » Sat Dec 29, 2012 01:15

Mike Matthews wrote:Welcome to SCORE Donna :D Was it a car you wanted or just a complete surprise?

Hello and thanks for the welcome.

I had gone to the owners house to buy parts for a fiat I was fixing up. I saw the cappuccino sitting all polished and lovely in the driveway and got chatting to the owner who had really looked after the car and spent quite a lot renewing the mechanical side of things, he took me for a short drive in it and I was pretty blown away and wanted to buy it there and then. Then once I got home I got my sensible head on and realized i had other things I should spend the money on ( currently refurbishing my house). The next day I decided I did really want to buy it but the seller told me it had sold to a neighbour :( .....I was gutted until a few days later my kind boyfriend let the secret out that he had actually bought me it as a surprise for my 30th 8)

I was and still am over the moon with it :mrgreen:
Donna Connell

Postby Murray Betts » Sat Dec 29, 2012 22:46

... and what a surprise present! :D

P.S. - take it carefully in the wet, they can be a bit tail happy.
Murray Betts
Message Board Guru
Message Board Guru

Postby Donna Connell » Sun Dec 30, 2012 18:50

Murray Betts wrote:... and what a surprise present! :D

P.S. - take it carefully in the wet, they can be a bit tail happy.

Yes, I've found that out, the tyres are cheap makes so I would like to renew them all but had to replace one due to a puncture within the first few weeks I had it.

I've driven Rwd before with an Elise and numerous mr2s but there is just something special about these cappos 8)
Donna Connell

Postby Ian Linden » Sun Dec 30, 2012 23:12

Donna Connell wrote:...... but there is just something special about these cappos 8)

Yes, it's like some who are fortunate enough to have flown a Spitfire say - "You don't get in a Spitfire, you put it on".
SCORE Treasurer & Membership Secretary
Ian Linden
Steering Group
Steering Group

Return to General